Job Description Summary
Gartland & Mellina Group, a management consulting firm specializing in financial services, is seeking talented and enthusiastic Associates to join its office in New York City.
Associates should be comfortable playing a major role in the delivery of work products including day-to-day interaction with the client and leading client meetings. Responsibilities will include managing the execution of individual project workstreams, conducting research, and developing deliverables and providing insights. This position enables and fosters the application of problem-solving and critical thinking skills to a variety of challenges that our clients face in the fast-paced financial services industry. The role provides opportunities for exposure to senior client leadership at investment banks, retail banks, insurance companies, fund administrators, hedge funds and other financial services institutions.
At GMG, we expect our Associates to make an immediate impact, and we support your career growth through on-the-job training, mentoring, and classes at our internal training program, GMG University. New hires have the opportunity to quickly develop into leaders in our small company environment through working on challenging engagements, internal initiatives and committees as well as business development efforts.
- Undergraduate and/or advance degree from a top academic program
- 2-5 years of consulting, financial services, or other relevant work experience with an emphasis on strategic and critical thinking
- Proven ability to thrive in a team environment
- Financial services industry knowledge and strong grasp of business/financial acumen
- Ability to multi-task competing priorities while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite expertise (Word, Excel, PowerPoint required; Project, Visio and Access preferred)
- Structure and conduct preliminary analysis and research
- Summarize and present findings to project managers and clients
- Collaborate with engagement team to deliver high-quality work products
- Apply strategic and critical thinking to developing recommendations that address client challenges
- Interact directly with clients and lead client meetings in order to manage to deliverables
- Support business development and proposal efforts