Job Description Summary
Gartland & Mellina Group, a management consulting firm specializing in financial services, is seeking talented and enthusiastic college graduates to join as analysts in its office in New York City.
Management consulting analysts conduct preliminary analysis and research, provide engagement support to project leaders, and play a major role in the delivery of work products to the client. This position enables and fosters the application of problem-solving and critical thinking skills to a variety of challenges that our clients face in the fast-paced financial services industry. The role provides opportunities for exposure to senior client leadership at investment banks, retail banks, insurance companies, fund administrators, hedge funds and other financial services institutions.
At GMG, we prepare our analysts to make an immediate impact, and we support your career growth through on-the-job training, mentoring, and classes at our internal training program, GMG University. New hires have the opportunity to quickly develop into leaders in our small company environment through working on challenging engagements, internal initiatives and committees as well as business development efforts.
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience with an emphasis on strategic and critical thinking
- 0-2 years of consulting, financial services, or other relevant work experience
- Working knowledge of the financial services industry. Previous financial services internship experience preferred
- Ability to multi-task competing priorities while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Proven experience working in a team environment
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite expertise (Word, Excel, PowerPoint required; Project, Visio and Access preferred)
- Structure and conduct preliminary analysis and research
- Summarize and present findings to project managers and clients
- Collaborate with engagement team to deliver high-quality work products
- Apply strategic and critical thinking to develop recommendations that address client challenges
- Support business development and proposal efforts