Job Description Summary
Gartland & Mellina Group, a management consulting firm specializing in financial services, is seeking experienced, talented, and highly motivated Managers to join in its office in New York City. GMG works with clients to understand their challenges and form solutions sets that are viable, profitable and operationally efficient results for our clients.
Managers will be responsible for creating and building work products and services that differentiate the GMG brand from our competitors. In addition to managing engagement teams, the Manager will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with clients and fostering a collaborative work environment between the client and the engagement team. The consultant should be able to leverage existing knowledge and experience to refine and enhance the client experience and deliverables. In addition to client delivery efforts, Managers are expected to drive sales efforts and lead internal corporate initiatives. The role provides opportunities for exposure to senior client leadership at investment banks, retail banks, insurance companies, fund administrators, hedge funds and other financial services institutions.
At GMG, we expect our new hires to make an immediate impact, and we support your career growth through on-the-job training, thought leadership activities, and by sponsoring industry networking events. New hires have the opportunity to quickly develop into leaders in our small company environment through working on challenging engagements, internal initiatives and committees as well as business development.
- Undergraduate and/or advanced degree (MBA, JD, PhD or equivalent) from a top university
- Prior professional experience as a leader in consulting, financial services, or other relevant work setting with an emphasis on strategic thinking
- Strong knowledge of the financial services industry, depth in a specific domain is preferred
- Ability to manage client relationships and networks, present to senior audiences, and work day-to-day with senior and mid-level clients
- Ability to multi-task competing priorities while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Lead major projects and manages relationships with flagship and key accounts
- Summarize and presents findings to project managers and clients
- Collaborate with engagement team to deliver high-quality work products
- Apply strategic and critical thinking to develop recommendations that address client challenges
- Lead business development and proposal efforts
- Manage team of resources to ensure deliverables are provided on time
- Provides guidance and mentoring to junior resources