Job Description Summary
Gartland & Mellina Group, a management consulting firm specializing in financial services, is seeking talented, highly motivated professionals to join as Senior Associates in its office in New York City.
Senior Associates will be responsible for managing engagement teams, leading day-to-day client interaction, and delivering high quality work product to our clients in the financial services industry. The consultant should be able to leverage existing knowledge and experience to refine and enhance the client experience and deliverables. In addition to client delivery efforts, Senior Associates are expected to support corporate initiatives and mentor junior level employees. This position enables and fosters the application of problem-solving and critical thinking skills to increasingly complex challenges that our clients face in the fast-paced financial services industry. The role provides opportunities for exposure to senior client leadership at investment banks, retail banks, insurance companies, fund administrators, hedge funds and other financial services institutions.
At GMG, we expect our Senior Associates to make an immediate impact, and we support your career growth through on-the-job training, thought leadership activities, and by sponsoring industry networking events. New hires have the opportunity to quickly develop into leaders in our small company environment through working on challenging engagements, internal initiatives and committees as well as business development efforts.
- Undergraduate and/or advance degree from a top academic program
- 5-7 years of consulting, financial services, or other relevant work experience with an emphasis on strategic and critical thinking
- Strong knowledge of the financial services industry, depth in a specific domain is preferred
- Ability to multi-task competing priorities while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Proven experience working in a team environment
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite expertise (Word, Excel, PowerPoint required; Project, Visio and Access preferred)
- Prior management consulting and financial services experience required
- Structure and conduct preliminary analysis and research
- Summarize and present findings to project managers and clients
- Collaborate with engagement team to deliver high-quality work products
- Apply strategic and critical thinking to develop recommendations that address client challenges
- Support business development and proposal efforts
- Manage team of resources to ensure deliverables are provided on time
- Provide guidance and mentoring to junior resources